Thursday, July 14, 2011

[what i'm loving wednesday]

I'm playing catch up right now. I am so pathetic.

I had a lovely minication with my mom to North Carolina. We went to Charlotte from Saturday-Monday to visit all of her old college friends who now live there. We spent just about every meal with a different friend of hers. It was so fun to hear their stories about her in college. She was a cutie, for sure.

I took her on her first Ikea experience. Needless to say, she LOVED it. I mean, really, who doesn't love Ikea?! She also had her first On the Border and Cheddar's experiences (restaurants, for those of you who just said "Whaa??") I had been to both restaurants when I lived in Mississippi so I knew what a gold mine of restaurants we had stumbled upon in Charlotte. I maybe just might want to move there...but probably when I'm retired, because there is still nothing like Atlanta nightlife.

So, we had a great weekend, but very full and so we were exhausted by the time we returned to our hotel every night (a big contributor to my MIA status). Anyway, though, on to what I'm loving Wednesday!


1. As always I am loving this man. (What a stud!)
2. I'm loving that we had our "talkingiversary" last night. The anniversary of when we started doing that thing before you're actually dating...you know..."talking." We just look for reasons to celebrate life. So July 12th is just one of those reasons. It's special to us. We had filet mignon and asparagus grilled by the almost husband (see above stud) and salads thrown together by yours truly. I wish I had a photo of our dinner to give you but we inhaled it before it even had a chance.

3. I'm loving that it was his mom's birthday today. There was a point in time where they were not sure how many birthdays she would have, as she had cancer. However, today she is cancer-free and celebrating birthday number 62! We love her so much and we are so happy that she is still with us and happier than ever! Here she is blowing out the candle on her ice cream, oh and G creeping up in the photo.

4. I'm loving that it is only 71 days until my wedding! What what!! Can I get a "hallelujer"?! Seriously, if you don't understand the Madea reference, please go watch the movies.

5. Finally, I'm loving that tomorrow I'm going to be getting a lot done. Nothing is really required of me tomorrow and almost hubs works late/has practice so I have the whole day to get some sheez done around here. Not the least of this is wedding stuff (ie invitations, etc.).

Well, that's what I'm loving. What are YOU loving?!

3 comments:

  1. cute blog! i LOVE ikea! such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I always laugh at your comments
    I can see Jessica Alba as your "twin" because you both have soft features and perfect skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @A Day: Ikea is my first love. It's okay, Mr. C knows, and he's cool with it. Playing second fiddle to Heaven on earth isn't a bad gig.

    @Kaysie: I wish she was! Or maybe not, I don't want to be chased down by old dudes in Blockbuster to sign their DVDs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...