Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Kids Say..

Part of being Mrs. Coons is the kindergarten teacher part. It's a big part; after all I spend more of my "awake time" with my 16 little Kindles than I do with Mr. Coons. These littles keep me laughing, occasionally make me cry, always bring a smile to my face and rarely drive me so crazy that I'm upset. Maybe some of these conversations I've had over the last week will put a smile on your face too.

"Mrs. Coons, where did you get that ring? I want one like that."
"Well, that's my wedding ring. Mr. Coons gave it to me. You'll get one when you get engaged and married."
"Yeah. My mom has one of those too but her diamond is much, MUCH bigger."


"The Pilgrims and Puritans came to America on a ship called the Mayflower."
"I thought it was called the Cauliflower?"


(Backstory for this one - I work in a private Christian school; my mom just had a double lumpectomy on her breast cancer; we usually pray for God to 'place a healing hand' on someone) "Dear God, we pray for Mrs. Coons' mom. Please heal a hand on her."


(Showing a picture of bare trees) "Do our trees outside look like this right now? Or will it  take a few more months for the trees to lose their leaves?"
"Our trees don't look like that! The trees in that book are butt naked!"


Oh how I love these sweeties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...