Wednesday, November 9, 2011

[Dollies]

Hello Brudders and Dollies (just a little Bahamian speak for "guys" and "gals"), okay let's face it, no brudders are reading, but some dollies are! Hubcap and I just got back from our honeymoon cruise to Freeport and Nassau in the Bahamas!

It was tres lovely to escape from the Kindles for a few school days and spend all day every day with the love of my freaking life. Side note: at dinner, while eating escargot and drinking Cabernet, Husband finally decided that he wants to learn French with me. Heller! It's about dang time!

I'm going to be honest now, and if you think I'm a snooty arse snob then so be it. I was not very impressed by the Bahamas. Paradise Island (Atlantis) was nice. We spent some time on a private beach there. Freeport and Nassau, however, were very industrial and while tourism is the island's main source of income, they did not cater to tourists nearly as much as I would have thought. All in all I would have preferred that we went to Mexico. I. love. Mexico. Cozumel, Cancun, Costa Maya, Cabo San Lucas, I love them all! At least now we know where we are going on our next vacation!

Or maybe Africa... Hubcap has been to Kenya a few times. I've stayed in the Western Hemisphere - Caribbean islands, Mexico, Honduras... Or Europe? Neither of us has been there yet...

Oh. And we're going to take some friends next time. We love being alone and spending time together, but tell me who is going to take our couple pictures when it is just the two of us? Yes, I had my remote, but let's face it, I'm definitely not propping up my camera with a thousand people around in a slightly sketch foreign island just so I can get a cutesy photo of the two of us in front of one landmark or another.

Where did your best vacation take place? Or your worst, I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...